LLANDUDNO & DISTRICT WRITERS CLUB
Llandudno Writers Club
COMPETITIONS CONTINUE AS NORMAL
05. Short Story, Title: -"Back Where It All Began"
Deadline: May 12th 2021
06. Short Story, Title: -"Another day, Another Town"
Deadline: June 9th 2021
07. Short Story, First Line: -"Is that the Moon?"
Deadline: July 14th 2021
08. Short Story, Theme: - First Love
Deadline: Auggust 11th 2021
09. Short Story, First Line: -"The New Neighbours had just moved in"
Poem: "Once More Into The Breach..."
Deadline: September 8th 2021
10. Short Story, Title: -"The Makeover"
Deadline: October 13th 2021
11. Short Story, Title: -"Damaged Goods"
Deadline: November 10th 2021
12. Short Story, Title: -"Renaissance"
Poem: "Born Again"
Deadline: December 8th 2021
Previous Competitions 2021:
01. Short Story, Title: -"The New Normal"
Deadline: January 13th 2021
02. Short Story, a Monologue - any theme
Poem: "All Together Now"
Deadline: February 10th 2021
03. Short Story, to contain the word 'bubble'
Deadline: March 10th 2021
04. Short Story, Theme: - Corrupted by Power
Deadline: April 14th 2021
Llandudno Writers' Club Competitions - Rules
*A flat entry fee of £11 is payable annually to cover 11 months of entries, including both poems and stories.
Members joining part-way through the Club year may pay pro rata.
Ad hoc entries are also OK; fee of £1 per story or poem payable to the club Treasurer at or before the monthly meeting deadline.
• Enter a Short Story or Poem (or one of each) - either format 1500 words maximum.
(Poems: an entry consists of a single poem, whatever its length.)
• Text: single line spacing in 12 point Times New Roman or Calibri.
***NO indents, please!
• Entries must be anonymous; only the title and your pseudonym on the text.
***Please choose a different pseudonym for every story or poem you enter.
• At the end, please add the word count.
• Please save your text file as RealName-Pseudonym-StoryTitle .doc (or .txt), and email this to Llandudno.Writers@aol.co.uk before the stated deadline. Later is too late!
• If you are unable to email your entry:
simply hand in your text as above, but printed on A4 paper, with your real name written on the back of each sheet. The judge won't see this.
*Please do not fold your printed story or poem. Creases cause mistakes in scanning.
• Entries are sent to an independent judge and critiques are returned by the next meeting, when winners are announced. The top 3 short stories are placed.
Prizes: Winning story - £10
Winning poem - £5
• As many entries as possible - with authors’ permission - will be published in The Moving Finger magazine, space permitting.