LLANDUDNO & DISTRICT WRITERS CLUB
Llandudno Writers Club
COMPETITIONS CONTINUE AS NORMAL, and submission deadlines are unchanged.
COMPETITIONS FOR 2023:
by JANUARY 11th 2023
Story - Title - The One and Only
Poem - Title - Unique
by FEBRUARY 8th 2023
Story - Title - The Night Shift
Poem - Title - Dancing in the Dark
by MARCH 8th 2023
Story - Title - The Way Ahead
Poem - Title - Tomorrow
by APRIL 12th 2023
Story - Theme - Diamonds
Poem - To contain the word ‘Sparkle’
by MAY 10th 2023
Story - Title - And Again, Please! ...
Poem - Title - Over and over again
by JUNE 14th 2023
Story - First line - ‘I clearly remember when....’
Poem - Title - Memory
by JULY 12th 2023
Story - Title - Going for Gold
Poem - Title - The Prize
by SEPTEMBER 13th 2023
Story - Title - Mount Pleasant
Poem - Title - Facades
by OCTOBER 11th 2023
Story - Genre - Crime
Poem - Title - Briar
by NOVEMBER 8th 2023
Story - Title - Run
Poem Title - The White Horse
by DECEMBER 13th 2023
Story - First Line -“I’m sorry . . . it’s not good news.”
Poem - Theme - Getting old/ageing
COMPETITIONS FOR 2024:
Story - Theme - Freedom
Poem - Title - Free
Story - Title - Inside Number Nine
Poem - Title -Magic Man
Story - Containing a CHASE ...
Poem - Title - Speed
Story - First Words - “ It just didn’t make sense …….”
Poem - Mrs. Sensible
Story - Format - a Diary
Poem - Title - Asking Mr. Google
Story - Title - Cold Water
Poem - Title - Wild Life
Story - Genre - Romance
Poem - Title - Non-Binary Me
Story - Title - Justice
Poem - Title - Justice
Story - First line - (S)He wasn't all (s)he appeared to be ...
Poem - format - a Macaronic
Story - Theme - Cruising
Poem - Title - All Aboard
Story - To contain the word “skeleton”
Poem - Title - Old Bones
Llandudno Writers' Club Competitions - Rules
*A flat entry fee of £22 is payable annually in August to cover 11 months of entries, including both poems and stories.
Members joining part-way through the Club year may pay pro rata.
Ad hoc entries are also OK; fee of £2 per story or poem payable to the club Treasurer at or before the monthly meeting deadline.
• Enter a Short Story or Poem (or one of each) - either format 1500 words maximum.
(Poems: an entry consists of a single poem, whatever its length.)
• Text: 1.5 line spacing in 12 point Cambria.
Paragraphs indented 0.25"
Title bold, 18 point; then pseudonym underneath, in Cambria 12 point italics
• Entries must be anonymous; only the title and your pseudonym on the text.
***Please choose a different pseudonym - first name and last name - for every story or poem you enter. Inappropriate pseudonyms may be changed by the editor.
• At the end, please add the word count.
• Please save your text file as RealName-PseudoNym-StoryTitle .doc (or .txt), and email this to Llandudno.Writers@aol.co.uk in good time before the stated deadline.
Later is too late!
• Entries are sent to an independent judge and critiques are returned before the next meeting Winners are notified by email, and published both on the News page of this website and on our Facebook page.
The top 3 short stories are placed.
Prizes: Winning story - £10
Winning poem - £5
• As many entries as possible - with authors’ permission, and space permitting - will be published in The Moving Finger magazine.