LLANDUDNO & DISTRICT WRITERS CLUB
Llandudno Writers Club
1. Short Story, Title: "In the Year 2030"
Poem: "Future Shock"
Deadline: January meeting 2019
2. Short Story, 1st Line: "A funny thing happened to me yesterday."
Deadline: February meeting 2019
3. Short Story, Title: "Made in Wales"
Deadline: March meeting 2019
4. Short Story, Title: "A Fine Romance"
Deadline: April meeting 2019
5. Short Story, Title: "Inch High Private Eye"
Deadline: May meeting 2019
6. Short Story, set in the 19th Century
Deadline: June meeting 2019
7. Short Story, Title: "The Time of my Life"
Poem: "When I was Small"
Deadline: July meeting 2019
Previous Competitions 2018:
1. Short story, Title: “Up the Creek Without a Paddle"
Poem: “Up the Creek"
Deadline January meeting 2018
2. Short story, 1st line: “Did you pack the bag yourself?”
Deadline February meeting 2018
3. Short story, Title: ‘If I ruled the Earth’
Deadline March meeting 2018
4. Short story, 1st line: “Another fine mess you’ve got me into!”
Deadline: April meeting 2018
5. Short Story, Title: “The Key”
Poem: “The Key”
Deadline: May meeting 2018
6. Short Story, Title: “The Scam”
Poem: “Taken in”
Deadline: June meeting 2018
7. Short Story, 1st Line: “It’s always best to start at the beginning.”
Deadline: July meeting 2018
No Competition for August.
8. Short Story, Title: "The Big One"
Deadline: September meeting 2018
9. A Sketch for Stage or TV, any theme
Poem: "The Stage"
Deadline: October meeting 2018
10. Short Story, 1st Line: "It was time for a purge."
Deadline: November meeting 2018
11. Short Story, to contain the words "genesis" and "revelations"
Poem: "First and Last"
Deadline: December meeting 2018
Llandudno Writers' Club Competitions - Rules
*A flat entry fee of £11 is payable annually to cover 11 months of entries, including both poems and stories.
Members joining part-way through the Club year may pay pro rata.
Ad hoc entries are also OK; fee of £1 per story or poem payable to the club Treasurer at or before the monthly meeting deadline.
• Enter a Short Story or Poem (or one of each) - either format 1500 words maximum.
(Poems: an entry consists of a single poem, whatever its length.)
• Text: single line spacing in 12 point Times New Roman or Calibri
• Entries must be anonymous; only the title and your pseudonym on the text.
• At the end, please add the word count.
• Please save your text as a .doc or .txt file, and email this to Llandudno.Writers@aol.co.uk before the stated deadline. Later is too late!
PLEASE put your name or pseudonym in the email title as well as the story/poem title.
• If you are unable to email your entry:
simply hand in your text as above, but printed on A4 paper, with your real name written on the back of each sheet. The judge won't see this.
*Please do not fold your printed story or poem. Creases cause mistakes in scanning.
• Entries are sent to an independent judge and critiques are returned by the next meeting, when winners are announced. The top 3 are placed.
Prizes: Winning story - £10
Winning poem - £5
• As many entries as possible - with authors’ permission - will be published in The Moving Finger magazine, space permitting.