LLANDUDNO & DISTRICT WRITERS CLUB
Llandudno Writers Club
COMPETITIONS CONTINUE AS NORMAL
4. Short Story, Title: "Your Move"
Deadline: April 8th 2020
5. Short Story, first line: "For the first time in my life I was ..."
Deadline: May 13th 2020
6. Short Story, Theme: Survival
Deadline: June 10th 2020
7. Short Story, to include: "You can't say that."
Deadline: July 8th 2020
EXTRA COMPETITION FOR AUGUST!
8. Short Story, Title: "Virus"
Deadline: August 12th 2020
9. Short Story, Title: "The Mirror"
Deadline: September 9th 2020
10. Short Story, Title: "Last Orders"
Poem: "Time, gentlemen, Please"
Deadline: October 14th 2020
11. Short Story, Title: "The Selfie"
Poem: "Self Portrait"
Deadline: November 11th 2020
12. Short Story, first line: "It came out of the blue ..."
Deadline: December 9th 2020
Previous Competitions 2020:
1. Short Story, first line: "One look was all it took ..."
Poem: The Look
Deadline: January meeting 2020
2. Short Story, Title: "The Stretch"
Deadline: February meeting 2020
3. Short Story, Title: "The Crystal Ball"
Deadline: March Festival 2020
Llandudno Writers' Club Competitions - Rules
*A flat entry fee of £11 is payable annually to cover 11 months of entries, including both poems and stories.
Members joining part-way through the Club year may pay pro rata.
Ad hoc entries are also OK; fee of £1 per story or poem payable to the club Treasurer at or before the monthly meeting deadline.
• Enter a Short Story or Poem (or one of each) - either format 1500 words maximum.
(Poems: an entry consists of a single poem, whatever its length.)
• Text: single line spacing in 12 point Times New Roman or Calibri.
***NO indents, please!
• Entries must be anonymous; only the title and your pseudonym on the text.
***Please choose a different pseudonym for every story or poem you enter.
• At the end, please add the word count.
• Please save your text file as RealName-Pseudonym-StoryTitle .doc (or .txt), and email this to Llandudno.Writers@aol.co.uk before the stated deadline. Later is too late!
• If you are unable to email your entry:
simply hand in your text as above, but printed on A4 paper, with your real name written on the back of each sheet. The judge won't see this.
*Please do not fold your printed story or poem. Creases cause mistakes in scanning.
• Entries are sent to an independent judge and critiques are returned by the next meeting, when winners are announced. The top 3 short stories are placed.
Prizes: Winning story - £10
Winning poem - £5
• As many entries as possible - with authors’ permission - will be published in The Moving Finger magazine, space permitting.